Te Pae Tata - Realising Māori Potential
Manawatū-Whanganui is a region of high Māori population, growing enterprise and active iwi. Māori want to participate in regional growth as partners, facilitators, investors and business people. The Action Plan addresses the fundamentals required to achieve this goal.
Te Pae Tawhiti – Māori Economic Development Strategy has been developed to complement the Manawatū-Whanganui Action Plan.
This opportunity is led by Accelerate25 Lead Team members Ruma Karaitiana, Pahia Turia and Tracey Houpapa.
The opportunity as described in the Action Plan involves:
- Community. Building enterprise on the basis of community is particularly strong in the tourism industry where community and cultural values are compelling.
- Partnership. Partnership enterprise is a common and successful model for Māori.
- Assets. There are significant land and cultural assets available.
- Connections. Connection into existing industries provides support and logistics, which in turn creates opportunities for scale by integrating different land parcels and supply chain elements.
- Māori. Building business based upon an integrated development model creates a competitive advantage, as well as having returns to human development and resource sustainability
The immediate priorities for this opportunity are:
For detailed information on all priorities for Te Pae Tata: Realising Māori Potential please visit the Manawatū-Whanganui Economic Action Plan.
For an update on Action Plan Progress check out the latest Accelerate25 dashboard.