Business Process Outsourcing: FoodHQ
FoodHQ provides companies with access to advanced technical and scientific knowledge to add value to the products of the region. FoodHQ is the gateway to access New Zealand’s food science innovation capability – much of which is centered in Palmerston North. To build capacity and capability, FoodHQ needs to attract revenues from local, national and multi-national food companies carrying out research. Local opportunities can then spin off this asset.
The opportunities as described in the Action Plan are:
- Multi-national. Accelerate multi-national food company R&D through FoodHQ to $20 million by 2020.
- Investment in R&D. Increase the volume of capital invested into R&D production facilities in the region.
- Jobs. Increase the number of new R&D jobs in the region.
- Spill-over. Create spill-over into other related industries.
- Innovation. Drive a higher level of innovation regionally.
The immediate priorities for this opportunity are:
For more information on FoodHQ please visit www.foodhq.com or check them out on twitter.
For detailed information on all priorities for Business Process Outsourcing: FoodHQ please visit the Manawatū-Whanganui Economic Action Plan.